SOLAR ENERGY SOLUTIONS
GO SOLAR WITH ENCON
Whether your goal is to help the environment, save on utility bills or increase the value of your property, when you partner with ENCON, we make the process of going solar easy and affordable.
We specialize in the design and installation of custom roof mount, ground mount, tracking, and solar carport systems to accommodate your unique needs, energy goals, and location.
CALL US to schedule your FREE SOLAR SITE CONSULTATION
1 (203) 375-5228
How Solar Panels Work
Generate clean, renewable energy from the sun shining on your building. It’s easier than ever to install a solar photovoltaic (PV) system and reduce your electricity costs.
Energy from the sun is collected by the solar panels and is converted to DC electricity.
The inverter collects the DC power from the solar panels and converts it to AC power.
Main Service Panel
AC power from the inverter is fed through the main service panel and into your building.
Your building will remain connected to the utility grid to provide sufficient power for all of your loads.
The inverter is tied into your main breaker panel and the power you generate gets recorded by a bi-directional or “net” meter. Energy generated will offset what you would have normally used from the utility and any excess energy will be counted as credit towards the next month.
Typical payment options
We will help you understand all of your options so you can make the decision that is best for your business.
As your trusted advisor, ENCON will help you sort through the different ways there are to finance solar for your business. There is no “one size fits all” and we are here to find your fit! We will help you understand the pros & cons of each option, find the best way to structure your contract and help identify the best financing partner for your project.
Direct ownership of your solar system is one option for business owners. With this option you can benefit from Federal Tax Credits along with accelerated depreciation. We will simplify the steps to ownership for you while demonstrating how Solar projects often have a quick payback.
Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
A Power Purchase Agreement is a long-term agreement in which you, the customer, agree to purchase all of the electricity generated by a solar system installed on your property at a contracted rate, where the PPA provider owns, operates, and maintains the solar system.
Benefits of a PPA:
- No or low money out of pocket
- Reduced Energy costs
- Limited risk because the developer is responsible for system performance and operation
- Often providers are able to better leverage tax credits
C-PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) allows building owners to finance qualifying energy efficiency and clean energy improvements through a voluntary assessment on their property tax bill.
- C-PACE funding is provided by a city or county and is repaid through a special property tax assessment over a term of up to 20 years.
- Repayment obligation transfers automatically to the next owner if the property is sold.
- Capital provided under the C-PACE program is secured by a lien on the property, so low-interest capital can be raised from the private sector.
Incentives available to all system owners:
- Federal Tax Credits
- Accelerated Depreciation of the solar array
- Zero Emissions Renewable Energy Credit (ZREC) - get paid by the utility for the energy generated